top of page

Safety Information

WAX MELT SAFETY

 

- Always use a burner designed for wax melts

- We advise tea light burners as not all electric burners give off the same quality of scent throw, however both are fine to use!

- Check your burner before each use for cracks or chips. If found, dispose of immediately as this could be a serious fire hazard.

- Use 1x 4 hour unscented tea light and place the burner on a heatproof surface before lighting.

- Make sure all packaging is removed.

- Do not move once lit and allow to cool before moving again.

- Do not add Water.

- Always keep out of reach of Children and pets at all times.

- Do not leave your burner unattended when lit.

- Keep away from Draughts (open windows/ Windowsills).

- Always read the safety information provided with our products (Warning/safety/ CLP).

- Make sure the wax has covered the base of the burner bowl, be careful not to overfill.

CANDLE SAFETY

Before Lighting:
- Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
 This includes but not limited to, any decoration such as decorative wax or crystals. 


Burn candles in a well-ventilated room:
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use.  It is recommended that candles do not burn for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
- When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. - Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.

 

While Burning:
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.
- DO NOT  burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1 inch remains in the container. 
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.

 

When Extinguishing a Candle: 
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
- Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.

OIL & WAX BURNER SAFETY

  • Only use on a non-porous & heat resistant surface.

  • Only use on a flat and stable surface. 

  • Do not place in painted or polished surfaces. 

  • Only to be used with one 4 hour tealight at one time.

  • Never leave unattended whilst in use. 

  • CAUTION - Surface will be be hot during and after use, never touch or attempt to move whilst using. Keep out of reach of children. 

REED DIFFUSER SAFETY 

  • Do not swallow.

  • Avoid contact with skin and eyes.

  • Keep out of reach of children and pets. If you own birds - especially parrots, it is not recommended to use a reed diffuser in your house. 

  • Avoid spilling oil on furniture, textiles, finished or porous surfaces as the fragrance oil may cause staining. Wipe spills immediately with a damp cloth.

  • Keep away from heat and the sun as this will encourage the fragrance oil to diffuse at a faster pace.

  • Use gloves when discarding used reeds or when turning the reeds. 

  • Do not light reeds.

  • Please note, people with perfume sensitivity should be cautious when handling

All of our products are made in accordance to the European Regulation on classification labelling and packaging (CLP) which is located on the back of all our products and alongside all of our products on this website. Please use at your own risk. We do not accept any responsibility for any damage caused as a result of the misuse of our products.

 

If you have any questions or concerns please message us at info@theosofsussex.com

bottom of page